Statement of Faith
- We believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the inspired Word of God, the final authority of doctrine, reproof, correction and instruction in right living.
- We believe in one God, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, fully man and fully God, only begotten Son of the Father. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and lived a sinless life. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, buried and rose physically from the dead. He ascended to the right hand of the Father and will come again in power and glory.
- We believe that faith alone in Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord frees us from the mastery of sin, and its consequences of death and eternal damnation. He assumed the penalty of death Himself, and enables us to live out of His resurrected life unto eternity.
- We believe the Holy Spirit carries out this work of renewal in our lives, empowering us to grow in loving union with our Heavenly Father and to walk in obedience to His will.
- We believe that the church of Jesus Christ is formed of all those who know Him as their Saviour and Lord, regardless of denominational beliefs.
- We believe God created man and woman in His image, and as such, each person has worth and value because his or her identity is rooted in God.
Statement of Beliefs
- Sexuality in general, and genital sex in particular, are gifts from God and are inherently good.
- God’s design for marriage is a life-long covenant between one man and one woman, characterized by complementarity, mutual service and self-sacrifice.
- God designed the gift of genital sex to be expressed within the form of heterosexual marriage.
- Any sexual act outside the heterosexual expression of marriage (such as oral sex or mutual masturbation, pornography use, compulsive masturbation) breaks the boundaries God has set for sexual expression.
- Masturbation is a substitute and distortion of God’s design for sexuality and is to be resisted.
- In Christian discipleship we are all called to identify as disciples of Jesus, children of God, members of the Church -- loved by God unconditionally, regardless of sexual orientation or behaviour.*
*Journey Canada is a discipleship ministry and therefore neither promises, nor has the goal of changing same-sex sexual orientation/attraction. Read more about Journey Canada's Position on Sexual Orientation Change Efforts.